Recipe by JanetB-KY
I haven't tried these yet; I found the recipe in an old issue of Womans Day and thought it sounded really good and pretty darn easy, so figured I would share it. Cooking time includes chilling time
- 1 refrigerated ready to bake 9 inch pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) can salted mixed nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees; line a 9 inch round cake pan w/ foil, letting ends extend about 2in.
- above pan.
- Unfold pie crust into pan; press into pan, folding edges down slightly to make a 1 inch high lip; press edges gently with a fork, then prick crust all over with a fork.
- Press a sheet of foil snugly onto crust and bake for 12 minutes; remove foil and bake for 6 minutes more until lightly browned; remove from oven and set aside;.
- reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Whisk ice cream topping, eggs, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl until well blended; pour into crust; scatter nuts evenly across top of filling.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until puffed, lightly browned and a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool; refrigerate at least fours hours to firm; when firm lift foil by edges to rack to cut; cut into 24 wedges.