Recipe by HappyMommy1422
This is hands down one of the best homemade Christmas candies I've ever had. My mother got the recipe from a coworker who brought these to an office party. It's really easy to put together, especially since you use the microwave. I'm normally not a fan of microwave cooking but this is an exception. You could substitute the type of nuts. Mom made it with pecans but said it was good with peanuts too. Prep time doesn't include chilling time.
- 1⁄2 lb caramel (about 28 pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup salted peanuts or 1 cup other type nuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the caramels, butter and and half and half in a 2 quart casserole dish or mixing bowl.
- Microwave on medium 3-5 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, then every minute after.
- Stir in the sugar until smooth, then add nuts.
- Stir in the marshmallows, using only a few strokes.
- Sprinkle 2 large sheets of waxed paaper with coconut.
- Split mixture in half and spoon onto coconut.
- Shape into logs, coating well with coconut.
- Chill til hard, then slice.