Cook1 hr 35 mins
My Aunt Sallie died at 103 years old. She was famous for her prize winning cakes at the Poultry Jubliee in North Carolina. This cake won First Place in the contest.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 118.29 ml Crisco
- 453.59 g light brown sugar
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 709.77 ml plain flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar
- 59.14 ml milk
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- Important: All ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Mix butter and Crisco.
- Add brown sugar, a little at a time, and beat well.
- Add white sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased tube cake pan.
- Bake at 325F for 1 1/2 hours.
- When cake comes out of oven, begin making frosting. (Frosting will harden if made first.)
- While cake is warm, pour frosting over cake.
- Frosting: Combine butter, brown sugar and milk in saucepan and cook 2 1/2 minutes after coming to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pecans and pour immediately over warm cake.