Prep 8 mins
Cook 5 mins
A sweet, peanutty popcorn from the back of a pack of popping corn.
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, crushed
- Cover the bottom of a big saucepan with vegetable oil, heat slowly.(when you place a piece of corn in the oil & it spins, it's ready).
- Add the popping corn.
- Cover & shake saucepan regularly until popping sound ceases.
- Empty popcorn into a large bowl & discard any un-popped kernels.
- In a small saucepan, stir honey, sugar & butter over a low flame until the sugar has dissolved. Then boil uncovered for 5 minutes.
- remove from heat, mix peanuts through & pour over popcorn then mix to coat.
- Spread over a large, greased tray to cool.
- Break into approx 15 large round chunks.
- Store in airtight container.