Recipe by xaylan
These are a lot like the nut rolls that you can buy in the store and so much fun to make.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 4 1⁄2-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 cups chopped peanuts or 2 cups cashews or 2 cups pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave 1/2 cup butter and marshmallow creme in large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH, stirring once, until melted (1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes).
- Stir until well mixed.
- Stir in 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar; mix well.
- Place onto surface lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar; knead in up to 1/2 cup additional powdered sugar with hands until mixture is firm and no longer shiny.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal parts.
- Shape each into 5x1-inch log; wrap in plastic food wrap.
- Freeze until firm (at least 2 hours or overnight).
- Line another baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Set aside.
- Place chopped nuts on another sheet of waxed paper.
- Set aside.
- Place caramels, 2 tablespoons butter and half& half in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until caramels are melted and smooth.
- Reduce heat to low to keep caramel mixture warm.
- Remove logs from freezer; unwrap.
- Dip 1 log into warm caramel mixture with tongs or two-pronged meat fork.
- Turn to coat; allow excess caramel mixture to drip back into pan.
- Place caramel-coated log on nut-covered waxed paper.
- Lifting waxed paper, roll log to coat with nuts.
- (Use hands to press nuts into log, if necessary.) Set log onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool.
- Repeat with remaining logs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour; wrap each log in plastic food wrap.
- Store refrigerated.
- To serve, cut each log into 12 slices; place each into foil candy cup.