Recipe by Melanie Murray
All I can say is YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM These are so kid friendly but mostly adult friendly all because of me. I love caramel so for you chocolate and caramel lovers here ya go!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup crisco all vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 20 -25 caramels, unwrapped and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Place brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in small chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Dip tops in chopped pecans.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Press caramel half in center of each ball.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time of 375 for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.