Recipe by cookiedog
This uses a boxed cake mix and the recipe is from a grocery store circular. If you do not sift the flour you will have little white specks throughout the cookies
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 20 caramels, cut into fourths
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together cake mix, flour, oil and eggs in a large bowl until a soft dough forms.
- Drop large tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Press four caramel squares and some pecan pieces into the top of each.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set but slightly soft in the center.