Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This uses a boxed cake mix and the recipe is from a grocery store circular. If you do not sift the flour you will have little white specks throughout the cookies
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 20 caramels, cut into fourths
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together cake mix, flour, oil and eggs in a large bowl until a soft dough forms.
- Drop large tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Press four caramel squares and some pecan pieces into the top of each.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set but slightly soft in the center.
these were pretty good. i added chocolate chips to them. they were a little too cake like so i probably won't make them again.
I can't believe how good these taste and how easy they are to make! To get the dough to mix together completely, I needed to add about 1 T. of water. I didn't even cut the caramels into fourths--just put one whole caramel into each warm cookie. I cooked each batch for exactly 12 minutes and they turned out perfect. My boys are going to love these, when they get home from school today. Thanks, cd!