Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was given to me by my mother. It is quick to put together and tastes sinful (probably because it is!)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, sugar, and egg.
- Cut in 1/2 cup margarine until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Reserve 2 cups of this crumb mixture.
- Press remainder firmly on bottom of greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk and 1/4 cup margarine.
- Pour over prepared crust and spread evenly.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Cool and cut into small bars.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.