1 hr 30 mins
These cookies are very rich and very good. They are not hard to make, just time consuming, but they are worth it. The original recipe came from VeryBestBaking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter, divided
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 14 ounces butterscotch chips, divided
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped salted peanuts
- 14 ounces caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line 17x11x1 baking pan with parchment paper Cookie Layer: In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 cup butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar until creamy.
- 3Add pudding mix, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, mix well.
- 4Blend together flour, soda and salt, gradually mix into sugar mixture.
- 5Mix in 1 1/3 cup butterscotch chips.
- 6Spread onto prepared pan.
- 7Bake 10-11 minutes, until light golden brown.
- 8To create a chewier cookie base, hold pan 2-3 inches above counter and allow to drop.
- 9Place on cooling rack, cool completely.
- 10Nougat Layer: In a medium heavy sauce pan over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup butter, 1 cup sugar and evaporated milk.
- 11Stirring constantly, bring to boil, stirring constantly, cook 5 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13Add marshmallow creme, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 14Stir in peanuts.
- 15Spread on cooled cookie layer.
- 16Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 17Caramel Layer: In medium heavy saucepan, over low heat combine caramels and cream.
- 18Heat until blended, stirring constantly.
- 19Cool until just warm.
- 20Spread over nougat layer.
- 21Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 22Chocolate Layer: In a medium micowave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, 1/3 cup butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter for 1 minute at power level 7 (70%).
- 23Stir, heat another 30 seconds.
- 24Stir until smooth.
- 25Spread over caramel layer.
- 26Let chocolate layer harden before cutting into 1 inch squares.
- 27Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Nougat Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 180
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.2
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 65.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g