Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
Posted by request. I have not tried this yet.
Make and share this Caramel Mud Cake (Gluten-Free) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups white chocolate, chopped
- 2 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 2⁄3 cups gluten-free flour, mixture (Number Two)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted icing sugar
- Preheat oven to slow (150 degrees celsius).
- Grease and line the base and side of a deep 22 cm round cake pan, bringing paper 5 cm above the side of the pan.
- Combine the butter, chocolate, sugar and warm water in a medium saucepan, whisk over low heat until the chocolate is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl, cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in vanilla and eggs, then the flour mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in a slow oven for about 2 hours.
- Cover cake loosely with foil if it is over-browning.
- Cool the cake in the pan covered with a clean tea towel.
- ~CaramelFrosting~ Melt the butter in a small pan, stir in the brown sugar and milk and then bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, cool.
- Add enough sifted icing sugar mixture to give a spreading consistency, stir until smooth.
- Spread cold cake with Caramel Frosting.
- Notes: Can be made 4 days ahead.
- Store in an airtight container at room temp.
- Uniced cake suitable to freeze.