2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Posted by request. I have not tried this yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 2/3 cups gluten-free flour, mixture (Number Two)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Preheat oven to slow (150 degrees celsius).
- 2Grease and line the base and side of a deep 22 cm round cake pan, bringing paper 5 cm above the side of the pan.
- 3Combine the butter, chocolate, sugar and warm water in a medium saucepan, whisk over low heat until the chocolate is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- 4Transfer mixture to a large bowl, cool for 15 minutes.
- 5Whisk in vanilla and eggs, then the flour mixture.
- 6Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- 7Bake in a slow oven for about 2 hours.
- 8Cover cake loosely with foil if it is over-browning.
- 9Cool the cake in the pan covered with a clean tea towel.
- 10~CaramelFrosting~ Melt the butter in a small pan, stir in the brown sugar and milk and then bring to a boil.
- 11Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, cool.
- 12Add enough sifted icing sugar mixture to give a spreading consistency, stir until smooth.
- 13Spread cold cake with Caramel Frosting.
- 14Notes: Can be made 4 days ahead.
- 15Store in an airtight container at room temp.
- 16Uniced cake suitable to freeze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Mud Cake (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.9
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 145.1 mg
- Sodium 273.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 82.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: