Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted by request. I have not tried this recipe.
- 185 g unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 150 g white chocolate (about 1/2 bag)
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 78.07 ml golden syrup
- 236.59 ml milk
- 473.18 ml gluten-free flour (mixture Number Two)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 230 g white chocolate (about 3/4 bag)
- 78.07 ml thickened cream
- Grease a deep 22cm (standard) round cake pan and line base with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, syrup and milk in a medium pan.
- Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and sugar dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in sifted flour, baking powder, and eggs, pour into prepared pan and cook in a moderately slow oven (300 degrees) for 45-50 minutes.
- To make ganache, combine chocolate and cream in medium pan; stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stand until a spreadable consistency.
- Spread ganache over top of cake and serve.
Awesome, very moist, so easy to make and yummy, you can't tell it is gluten free, unlike most gluten free things I make, this cake was still great to eat even a few days later. I have used numerous GF flours including Self Raising GF and the recipe did not falter, the quickest of cakes to whip up.
This was the first gluten free cake I ever cooked and it was delicious! My firends didn't even suspect that it was anything but a 'normal cake'. I used soy milk instead of normal milk also and it was great. Definately one for the favourtie file!
This turned out great! Everyone loved it. You would never know by the taste that it was gluten-free!!!