Recipe by GinnyP
Posted by request. I have not tried this recipe.
Top Review by Aussie Deb #2
Awesome, very moist, so easy to make and yummy, you can't tell it is gluten free, unlike most gluten free things I make, this cake was still great to eat even a few days later. I have used numerous GF flours including Self Raising GF and the recipe did not falter, the quickest of cakes to whip up.
- 185 g unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 150 g white chocolate (about 1/2 bag)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (mixture Number Two)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 230 g white chocolate (about 3/4 bag)
- 1⁄3 cup thickened cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a deep 22cm (standard) round cake pan and line base with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, syrup and milk in a medium pan.
- Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and sugar dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in sifted flour, baking powder, and eggs, pour into prepared pan and cook in a moderately slow oven (300 degrees) for 45-50 minutes.
- To make ganache, combine chocolate and cream in medium pan; stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stand until a spreadable consistency.
- Spread ganache over top of cake and serve.