Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is dedicated to Jubes - Jubes has been so lovely to me on Zaar and has always been so helpful, so I wanted to find a recipe for a delicious cake and dedicate it to her. This is it!
- Preheat oven to moderately slow and grease a deep 23cm round cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, golden syrup and milk in a saucepan over low heat, without boiling, until smooth.
- Transfer to large bowl to cool for 15 minutes.
- Fold in sifted flours then add eggs 1 at a time.
- Pour into pan and bake for about 1 1/2 hours (check carefully as I did mine in an aga and it only took 50 minutes).
- Stand cake in pan 30 minutes and then turn onto wire rack to cool.
- Spread top and side with white chocolate ganache.
- White chocolate ganache:.
- Bring cream to boil in small saucepan, pour over chocolate in small bowl stirring until chocolate melts - refrigerate, stirring occasionally about 30 minutes or until spreadable.