Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
A popular treat in Australia. I could find nothing like in on Recipezaar, so I hunted down the recipe online to post it here. Originally from www.hungrybrowser.com/phaedrus
- 250 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 2⁄3 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 300 ml sour cream
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F) or 140°C (285°F) if fan-forced. Grease and line a deep 22 cm (8.5") cake tin.
- Place butter, chocolate, brown sugar and golden syrup in a medium sized saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until chocolate is melted and the sugar has dissolved (you may not be able to get it to dissolve completely, that's still okay). Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat in the eggs and the vanilla essence.
- With an electric mixer, beat in the plain flour, self-raising flour, and sour cream until well combined.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for about 50 min, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in tin before turning out.
- Glaze with melted white chocolate, or with your favourite caramel frosting.