Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to very soon. I love anything caramel!
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Combine gelatin and 1/4 cup water in top of a double boiler; place over simmering water.
- Heat, stirring, until gelatin dissolves.
- Combine sugar and 2 Tbsp water in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Boil until syrup is a golden caramel.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining water until mixture is smooth; cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in gelatin mixture.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar; beat until thick and creamy.
- Whisk in caramel mixture until fluffy.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg white mixture and whipped cream into caramel mixture.
- Spoon into serving glasses.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
Tried it and it failed horribly.
I tried this recipe and put it on top of a caramel cheesecake. It was delicious! Thanks for sharing.