Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Caution: Could be seriously hazardous to your waistline & hips. Avoid situations which leave you alone in a room with this cheesecake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup caramel sauce
- 3 cups cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Tia Maria or 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- milk chocolate (for garnish)
- Combine the Oreo crumbs & butter.
- Press on bottom & 1 inch up the sides of a springform pan.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the Caramel Sauce (I used Smuckers) over the crust.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the Tia Maria, coffee and melted chocolate.
- Pour onto crust, try to pour from the perimeter of the pan inwards, to avoid sending the caramel up the sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until centre is almost set.
- Cool & refrigerate 3 hours.
- Pour remaining caramel on top, and garnish with chocolate curls.