Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Elegant and delicious. I got this recipe several years ago from a client who has, sadly, since passed away. Thanks to Margaret for this one.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup cream, whipped
- chocolate curls
- Stir only 1/2 c sugar in a heavy skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until melted and golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into 6 custard cups, coating the bottoms well. Set aside.
- Use the same skillet to combine remaining 1/2 c sugar, milk, chocolate, salt and cofee crystals, heating till chocolate is melted and sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Beat cooled milk misture with eggs and liqueur and pour into custard cups.
- Place cups into a 9" x 13" pan, pour 1" hot water into pan, and bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Cool, then refrigerate until serving time.
- Loosen edges with knife, invert onto plates and garnish with whipped cream.