Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a recipe booklet titled "Family Living - Our Favorite Coffee Shop Treats" this sounds decadent. I would opt for low-fat and sugar free additives.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (low-fat option)
- 1 (12 ounce) container caramel ice cream topping (sugar-free option)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate flavored syrup (sugar-free option)
- 2 1⁄2 quarts hot strongly brewed coffee (espresso roast or equivalent)
- In a small dutch oven, combine sweetened condensed milk, caramel topping, and chocolate syrup.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium-low heat about 8 minutes or until mixture is well blended and hot.
- Add coffee; stir until blended.
- Serve hot.
Oh my word, this is so yummy! I made the milk-caramel-chocolate mixture and put it in a bottle in the freezer since sweetened condensed milk doesn't really freeze. Now I have it for whenever I want it. I also made several cups of strong coffee in my French press, poured it into a canning jar with some of the mixture, and put it in the fridge so I can have an iced drink several days in a row with no work at all. YUM!
Pretty good! Made it to have something hot to sip on during Thanksgiving prep and dessert. I found it a bit too sweet, so we kept a pot of coffee to add to cups as needed. This makes a TON. I kept this hot in the Crock Pot on Low so we enjoyed it all day. My sis in law and my mom had to take go containers home when they left today. Served with whipped cream on top. Thanks for sharing. I'll make it again and cut back on the sweetened condensed milk next time.
Oh wow FN - I really needed this today after all the snow we've received! I really liked the flavors involved and even with reducing this to two servings found it to be a very nice balance of chocolate and caramel. Thanks for a great treat!