Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this recipe out yet, but it sounds absolutely sinful!
Make and share this Caramel Meltaways recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter in a three quart saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar and salt.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in corn syrup and mix well.
- Gradually add condensed milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat to firm ball stage, or 245 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into buttered 9-inch square pan or 7 x 11-inch pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.
These were delicious. I cut them in small pieces and tossed in powdered sugar so they wouldn't stick together. I did not refrigerate and they ended up sticking together. Will try to perfect this one as it was really very tastey! Revised - Refridgerate with space in between and they are very good. I bet this recipe makes 100 as small as we cut them.
I finally mastered this recipe and the results were delicious.
these were excellent little candies. they were really simple to make and hardened perfectly into still-softish blocks. we cut them into 49 squares (7x7 pan) and wrapped them in parchment paper, then twisted the ends to make little parcels reminiscent of saltwater taffys. they're also DELICIOUS! thanks for a simple, great recipe.