Recipe by Mercy
I haven't tried this recipe out yet, but it sounds absolutely sinful!
Top Review by padreaming
These were delicious. I cut them in small pieces and tossed in powdered sugar so they wouldn't stick together. I did not refrigerate and they ended up sticking together. Will try to perfect this one as it was really very tastey! Revised - Refridgerate with space in between and they are very good. I bet this recipe makes 100 as small as we cut them.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 16 ounces brown sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nuts, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a three quart saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar and salt.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in corn syrup and mix well.
- Gradually add condensed milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat to firm ball stage, or 245 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into buttered 9-inch square pan or 7 x 11-inch pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.