I made this for our Sedder last night, and it was a huge hit! Kids and adults enjoyed it equally, I hope you do too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Line a large (or two smaller) cookie sheet completely with foil.
- 3Cover the bottom of the sheet with baking parchment on top of the foil.
- 4This is very important since the mixture becomes sticky during baking.
- 5Line the bottom of the cookie sheet evenly with the matzohs, cutting extra pieces, as required, to fit any spaces.
- 6In a 3-quart, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the butter or margarine and the brown sugar.
- 7Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil (about 2 to 4 minutes).
- 8Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from the heat and pour over the matzoh, covering completely.
- 10Place the baking sheet in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 350°.
- 11Bake for 15 minutes, checking every few minutes to make sure the mixture is not burning (if it seems to be browning too quickly, remove the pan from the oven, lower the heat to 325°, and replace the pan).
- 12Remove from the oven and sprinkle immediately with the chopped chocolate or chips.
- 13Let stand for 5 minutes, then spread the melted chocolate over the matzoh.
- 14While still warm, break into squares or odd shapes.
- 15Chill, still in the pan, in the freezer until set.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Matzo Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 5.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g