Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These sell well at bake sales....You will need 6 wooden craft sticks
- Wash apples and remove stems. Insert sticks and set aside.
- Place wax paper on a baking sheet and spray with non stick spray.
- Combine caramels, marshmallows, and water in medium pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until caramels melt.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Dip in caramel mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate till firm.
- Can be drizzle with melted chocolate or rolled in chopped nuts, marshmallows, M&M's--use your imagination. I sometimes use candy corn at Halloween. Grandchildren love these.
These turned out great! Easy to make, love the marshmallow "hint"-just seems to give the caramel a creamy flavor. I was able to get 7 apples covered. I rolled 1/2 of mine in chopped toasted almonds, the other half in chocolate sprinkles-the caramel is nice and glossy. Thanks for posting!
I LOVED the taste and texture of the caramel but it was just a little too thick for my taste. They were a big hit at our house last night with the family. I dont know if it was something I did or if the marshmallows made them like this. Next time I may try puttting less marshmallows. This was also my first time making them so it could of very well been something on my end. All in all, very tastey!
I made these for Halloween instead of my old standby. They were a hit. I liked the texture the marshmallows added to the caramel. Dipped some in pecans and some in mini M&M's. Thanks grandma2969. Bullwinkle.