Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe in Self Magazine, placing here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened coconut
- 24 reduced fat vanilla wafers
- 12 chewy caramels
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- parchment paper
- Heat oven to 300.
- On a baking sheet, toast coconut, turning every 5 minutes, until golden, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set wafters on top.
- In a bowl, microwave caramels and milk on high, stirring often until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- With spatula, fold coconut into caramel mixture.
- Spread 1 tbsp of caramel mixture onto each wafer.
- Let cookies cool, 5 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate chips, stirring often, until melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer into a small resealable bag, snip off corner.
- Drizzle cookies with chocolate.
- Let cool.