1/1 Photo of Caramel Macchiato(Vegan Style)
Hate the calories and the high price tag of your favorite Macchiato? Well, you can make it in the comfort of your own home! I use almond milk but you can use the milk of your choice. From Babble.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup fresh espresso (I use decaf)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, steamed and frothy with foam (or non dairy milk of choice)
- 3 -4 tablespoons caramel sauce (I used the same jarred caramel sauce that is sold as an ice cream topping)
For the Vanilla syrup
- 1To make the vanilla syrup, combine sugar and water in a sauce pan. Bring to boil over high heat and boil for 5 minutes. Let cool and add vanilla extract. Stir well and keep in a sealed container, refrigerated.
- 2To make coffee, either use an espresso machine to make coffee and steam milk, or heat milk until hot, but not boiling on stove-top and transfer to a blender. Blend until frothy. For espresso, if you don’t have a machine, just make double strength coffee.
- 3The proper way to make a caramel macchiato is vanilla in the bottom, steamed milk, leaving 1/2 inch from the top, topped with foam, then your shot or shots of espresso, finally topped with a caramel cross hatch which is 7 lines one way 7 lines the other way and 2 full circles all the way around the outer cup.
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Macchiato(Vegan Style)
Serving Size: 1 (999 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 80.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 88.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened almond milk