Recipe by Pinay0618
Create a coffee shop favorite flavor in a delicious cookie with a cookie mix. From Betty Crocker.
Top Review by lilsweetie
Very creative, very tasty. Great use of a cookie mix to "make it your own" and save time. I used melted white chocolate to fill these instead of caramel, and drizzled caramel on top. Use your imagination, these cookies are a wonderful starting point for a ton of variations.
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelopebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 18 caramels, unwrapped (from 14-oz bag)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F In large bowl, dissolve coffee powder in hot water. Stir in cookie mix, flour, butter, vanilla and egg until very soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and milk uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon caramel into indentation in each cookie. Cool 15 minutes.
- In another small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.