1 hr 25 mins
Create a coffee shop favorite flavor in a delicious cookie with a cookie mix. From Betty Crocker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelope betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 18 caramels, unwrapped (from 14-oz bag)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1Heat oven to 375°F In large bowl, dissolve coffee powder in hot water. Stir in cookie mix, flour, butter, vanilla and egg until very soft dough forms.
- 2Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie.
- 3Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- 4In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and milk uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon caramel into indentation in each cookie. Cool 15 minutes.
- 5In another small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Macchiato Thumbprints
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 37.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant espresso coffee powder
sugar cookie mix