Prep 55 mins
Cook 30 mins
Create a coffee shop favorite flavor in a delicious cookie with a cookie mix. From Betty Crocker.
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelopebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 18 caramels, unwrapped (from 14-oz bag)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Heat oven to 375°F In large bowl, dissolve coffee powder in hot water. Stir in cookie mix, flour, butter, vanilla and egg until very soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and milk uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon caramel into indentation in each cookie. Cool 15 minutes.
- In another small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Very creative, very tasty. Great use of a cookie mix to "make it your own" and save time. I used melted white chocolate to fill these instead of caramel, and drizzled caramel on top. Use your imagination, these cookies are a wonderful starting point for a ton of variations.