Found this on epicurious.com and made them on a night my kids were having a LAN party. They went over very well with the late-teens set :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter 17- by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet. Line with parchment paper, leaving 1-inch overhang on each end, and butter paper.
- 2In large heatproof steel bowl, toss together cereal and nuts.
- 3In heavy large saucepan over moderate heat, stir together sugar and 6 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, then raise heat to moderately high and boil without stirring, occasionally brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush, until syrup turns deep amber in color, about 8 minutes. Carefully stir in cream (mixture may splatter and briefly harden) then stir in butter. Remove from heat and stir in salt and vanilla.
- 4Drizzle caramel over cereal-nut mixture and, using heatproof silicone spatula or wooden spoon, stir until fully incorporated. Spread mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm and slightly cooled, about 10 minutes, then break into bite-sized pieces.
- 5In small metal bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water, combine chocolate and oil. Heat, whisking occasionally, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Drizzle chocolate mixture over Rice Krispie pieces and let stand until chocolate hardens.
- 6Rice Krispies Treats will keep in an airtight container for up to two days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Macadamia Rice Crispie Treats
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.0
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 509.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g