Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 (14 ounce) package Kraft caramels
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- Heat oven to 350.
- Microwave chocolate and margarine in large microwavable bowl on high 2 minutes or until margarine is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir sugar into melted chocolate mixture. Mix in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour. Remove 1 cup of batter; set aside.
- Spread remaining batter in greased 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle with chips and 1 cup of the nuts.
- Microwave caramels and milk in same bowl on high 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until caramels are completely melted and smooth.
- Spoon over chips and nuts, spreading to edges of pan. Gently spread reserved batter over caramel mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup nuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Do not overbake. Cool in pan; cut into squares.