Recipe by Mom2Rose
A great way to enjoy an elegant coffee-shop treat.
Top Review by LindaBear
These are sooooooo good! With that combination of ingredients, how could they not be? The sugared crusts of the cups are crunchy, yet melt in your mouth. A little tip: I used aluminum muffin pans - I like the results from using aluminum rather than non- stick. If you do use non-stick pans, make sure to check the cups as they are baking, as they will brown much faster
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon coffee, cooled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) canpillsbury grands flaky layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped butter toffee peanuts
- 2 teaspoons coffee-flavored liqueur or 2 teaspoons cooled strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, if desired (thawed) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Generously spray 8 jumbo muffin cups or 8 (6-oz) custard cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, coffee and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth and creamy.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Press or roll each biscuit into 5-inch round.
- Brush one side of each round with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar; press sugar into dough.
- Press rounds, sugared sides down, evenly in bottom and up sides of muffin cups.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture evenly over dough in bottom of each cup.
- Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon caramel topping; reserve remaining caramel topping.
- Top with remaining cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with peanuts (If using custard cups, place on large cookie sheets with sides).
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until edges of biscuit cups are deep golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour remaining caramel topping into small bowl; stir in liqueur.
- Drizzle over warm biscuit cups.
- Serve topped with whipped topping.
- Store covered in refrigerator.