Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a crispy cookie that your kids will adore!
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- Combine 1/4 butter flavor Crisco stick, corn syrup, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour and salt.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough 4-inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375° for 5 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets.
- Lift each cookie edge with spatula.
- Grasp cookie edge gently and lightly pinch or flute the edge, bringing it up to the center.
- Work around each cookie until completely fluted.
- Remove to cooling rack.
This recipe didn't work out for me at all, even though I followed it very carefully. I'm not sure what went wrong, since the other reviews were glowing.
Not sure what went wrong.I followed recipie to a T. But these were very greasy. and blah tasting. also stuck badley to a greased pan.
very very good