Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am always searching for this recipe so I decided to post this to prevent my loss of it forever. I am always asked for this recipe when I bring it places. This is a recipe that came from my grandmother and I LOVE them! They are picky at times and can turn out over cruncy but we've found that 10 seconds or so in the microwave make them perfect again! I haven't seen this one on Recipezaar yet. A few tips: Follow the 'counts', this ratio works; make sure to use LOW heat; margarine works better than butter; cover as soon as you finish pressing into pan. Note: Cooking time includes possible stovetop time
- 32 individual unwrapped caramels
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 20 large marshmallows
- 4 -6 cups Rice Krispies or 4 -6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup M&M'
- In medium saucepan combine caramels and margarine. Stir over LOW heat until caramels are melted (this takes awhile).
- Stir in marshmallows and cook slowly stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add cereal. Stir to coat.
- Stir in M&M's.
- With greased hands or spatula put mixture into greased 9x13" pan and press down.
- Cover immediately.
- Let stand until firm.