Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 14 mins
Old fashioned caramel icing for yellow or spice cake.
Make and share this Caramel Icing (Nana's Boiled) recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add milk and return to heat until boiling.
- Remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm.
- Add sugar and beat until smooth. If too thick, add milk by tablespoons.