Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 mins
This yummy frosting appeared in our daily newspaper and souned so easy and delicious I had to keep the recipe. You can use this frosting to frost both chocolater and sugar cookies. Or try it on a devil's food cake -- or brownies. You'll think of other possibilities, too, for using this luscious, indulgent, good-to-the-last drizzle delight!
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup cream or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a small pot on low heat, cook brown sugar, cream, and butter until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, salt and powdered sugar. Blend on low speed with an electric mixer, until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Then blend on high speed for about 3-4 minutes or until icing becomes light, fluffy and slightly thickened (it will also be lighted in color.) The more you blend, the lighter and thicker the icing becomes.
- Spread over cookies, cake or cupcakes. Makes enough icing for one 9- x 13-inch sheet cake.