- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon light Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour with sugar.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the butter.
- Cook until almost the soft ball stage. (When dropping a little bit into a cup of cold water, it should not disperse - it should stay together, but it still doesn't form a ball).
- Add 1 tablespoon butter after removing from cooking.
- Leave mixture in the pan and cool in a sink of cold water (approximately 15 minutes).
- Use electric mixer and beat until it loses it's glossiness.
- Hurry and frost cake!