Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is delicious on sugar cookies.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients; beat until well mixed.
- Ice cookies and cakes with this recipe.
This was good but not great, however i think that was my own fault, i used demerara sugar and it wasn't firmly packed and use milk instead of cream. So my end result was as caramely (is that a word!) or as dark in colour or as creamy as i thought it would be!! lol what did i expect?! I will defiantly try this again with the correct ingredients as what i ended up with was tasty. I will post another review when i've done it again!
This didn't work for me. It seized up when I added the powdered sugar with the butter separating. there was nothing I could do to fix it. I tried the hand blender and some other things. I'd like to know what I did wrong. I did use nonfat 1/2 and 1/2, other than that no deviations.
Tasty, but not enough "body" to really frost the cake like I wanted to. I had to add extra cornstarch and a recipe of dulce de leche to give it oomph. the flavor is good. I had to triple the recipe to have enough for my cake.