Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Of every recipe ever given to me, I am most grateful for this one. I am happy to share it with you. I can also quit fretting that I will loose the slip of paper it was written on 10 yrs. ago, and find it on my favourite recipe site.
- You will need a large roaster, sprayed with Pam.
- Pop the corn, transfer into roaster with your hands, shaking out the unpopped kernels.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Place the butter in a large heavy pot over medium high heat.
- When it is almost melted, add the sugar and syrup.
- Stir constantly to dissolve the sugar, then often to avoid scorching.
- When it reaches a boil, set timer for 5 minutes.
- When it has finished boiling, stir in the vanilla.
- Pour over the popcorn/nut mixture in the roast pan.
- Mix well, then stir about every 10 minutes til cool.
- Optional: You can substiture mixed nuts or walnuts if you desire.
- Makes a nice hostess gift.
This is terrible.....Terribly good, that is!! =) I made a half batch, and it was still a large amount. I added salted cashews to contrast with the sweetness a bit. As it was cooling, I couldn't stop tasting it to where I made myself go brush my teeth so I'd stop eating it!! It's dangeroulsy good! This makes a perfect holiday gift. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Can definately see why you are grateful to have this recipe! I am grateful to have it too! So glad you posted. We gave as Christmas gifts and got fab reviews!!
Makes fantastic Christmas gifts! The flavour is great and it uses simple ingredients.