Of every recipe ever given to me, I am most grateful for this one. I am happy to share it with you. I can also quit fretting that I will loose the slip of paper it was written on 10 yrs. ago, and find it on my favourite recipe site.
- You will need a large roaster, sprayed with Pam.
- Pop the corn, transfer into roaster with your hands, shaking out the unpopped kernels.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Place the butter in a large heavy pot over medium high heat.
- When it is almost melted, add the sugar and syrup.
- Stir constantly to dissolve the sugar, then often to avoid scorching.
- When it reaches a boil, set timer for 5 minutes.
- When it has finished boiling, stir in the vanilla.
- Pour over the popcorn/nut mixture in the roast pan.
- Mix well, then stir about every 10 minutes til cool.
- Optional: You can substiture mixed nuts or walnuts if you desire.
- Makes a nice hostess gift.