Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The caramel will turn sticky if not eaten on the same day. You can also use cherries for this recipe.
- 1 lb caster sugar
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 10 fluid ounces water
- 1⁄2 lb grapes, washed,dried and divided into pairs
- Dissolve the sugar and cream of tartar in the water in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Boil until the mixture reaches 150°C/300°F or until a drop will harden in cold water.
- Remove from the heat and quickly dip the pairs of grapes into the syrup, holding them with a fork or small tongs.
- Place them on a greased sheet to harden, and then put them into paper petit four cases to serve.