Recipe by HokiesMom
A sweet little bar that is fun on a cookie tray or made for a bagged lunch. Found through the Toll House website many years ago. You won't want to make these larger than an inch in size as they are sweet but oh so delicious. Cooking time includes time for refrigeration of bars.
- 7 ounces caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 16 ounces granola cereal
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine caramels, butter and water. Stir over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal and chocolate chips until well mixed.
- Spray hands with non-stick spray and then press mixture into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour until firm.
- Cut into 1 inch squares. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.