Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 3 mins
Southern Living, September 2002. Very ripe pears make this cake ultramoist.
Make and share this Caramel-Glazed Pear Cake recipe from Food.com.
For the cake
- 4 ripe bartlett pears, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the caramel glaze
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- To make cake:.
- Toss together pears and 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs, 2 cups sugar, and oil at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda, and add to egg mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Fold in pears, chopped pecans, and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from pan, and drizzle Caramel Glaze over warm cake.
- To make the glaze:.
- Stir together brown sugar, butter, and evaporated milk in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 1/2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
Simple and good. Thanks for posting.
I received 10 Korean Pears as a gift. They are huge! I love to bake, so I decided to hunt for a pear cake recipe. After looking at several recipes, I chose this one, mainly for the preparation technique. It was very easy to prepare. One of my Korean Pears garnered 3 cups of chopped...they are huge! I did make a little addition to the recipe, I added 1/2 tsp each of ground cloves, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. It was delicious. I tried posting a picture, but so far have not been successful due to technical difficulties. Great cake!
Made this in 2002 when I received Southern Living. for family fall gathering. It's a keeper! Lost the recipe....thanks for putting it in. I agree, use really "ripe" pears, I mashed with pampered chef chopper.