Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Cookbook "Chocolate Collection" and oh so gooey good!
- 1 (12 ounce) jarhot caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 4 ounces squares unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 13x9 pan.
- Combine caramel topping and 1/4 cup flour in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine remaining flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place chocolate and margarine in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high 2 minutes. When finished stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir sugar into chocolate. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add flour mixture stirring until well blended.
- Soread evenly into pan and bake 25 minute Immediately spread caramel over brownies and sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips.
- Return to oven for another 20-25 min, or until topping is golden brown and bubbling. Do not overbake!
- Cool on wire rack and cut. Store tightly covered at room temp, or freeze up to 3 months.