Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Truly sinful and decadent!! This is soooo gooood!! Another great recipe from Quick Cooking magazine May/June 1999 issue. (Not sure of prep time)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) jar chocolate fudge topping, warmed
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup English toffee bits or 1⁄2 cup almond brickle chips
- Prepare cake batter according to pkg directions.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips and pour into greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 mins or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Immediately poke holes in the cake with a meat fork or skewer.
- Spread caramel and fudge toppings over cake.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips.
- Store in fridge.
This was wonderful! I brought it for a luncheon at work and everyone loved this including me. I will definitely be making this again. It is not the rich where you have to just have a tiny piece. It is definitely addicting too. Thank you for a great recipe, Anita!