Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix as package directs.
- Pour 2 cups of the batter into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in heavy saucepan over low heat, melt caramels and butter.
- Remove from heat, add condensed milk and mix well.
- Spread caramel mixture evenly over cake.
- Spread remaining cake batter over caramel mixture.
- Top with nuts.
- Return to oven and bake 30-35 minutes, or until tooth-pick comes out clean.
- Garnish as desired.