Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 14 ounces caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare cake mix with water oil and eggs as package directs.
- Pour 2 cups of the batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan; bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels and butter with Eagle Brand Milk, stirring until smooth.
- Pour on top of cake.
- Mix chocolate chips and coconut into remaining cake batter. Spread batter over caramel mixture and top with nuts.
- Return to oven; bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool and garnish as desired.