Recipe by Chef 313014
My aunt made these for Christmas dinner four years ago and I thought they were so good that I asked her for the recipe. Enjoy!
- butter, for pan
- flour, for pan
- 50 kraft caramel candies
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour an 8-by-12-inch pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine caramels and evaporated milk in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring over medium heat until melted. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, butter, pecans and milk to form a dough. Press half of the dough mixture into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 6 minutes.
- Then sprinkle chocolate chips over the baked crust and dot and spread the melted caramel over the chips. (The mixture will not cover crust completely).
- Spread remaining dough over caramel. Return to the oven for 20 minutes or until set. Cool then refrigerate before cutting into squares.