This recipe originally came from Five Roses Flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil up and over the sides, with the non stick side facing up.
- 2Melt the butter over medium heat and add in the instant coffee granules until dissolved. Stir in the sugar, now remove from heat, and beat well with wooden spoon, adding in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.Stir in the vanilla.
- 3Add the flour, cocoa baking powder salt and stir to mix, add in the pecans or walnuts if using.
- 4Spread batter into pan evenly and bake 25 minutes for fudgey brownie, or thirty minutes for cakey brownie.
- 5Remove and cool in pan. Remembering the cake still cooks slightly from the heat within.
- 7Combine the sugar, evporated milk, corn syrup butter and salt in a saucepan. Stirring all the time, bringing to a boil.
- 8When it comes to a full rolling boil, set timer for five minutes, and do not stir anymore.
- 9Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- 10Cool for a minute or two, and then beat with mixer for three to five minutes, until creamy and thick.
- 11Frost the brownies.
- 12If freezing these brownies, freeze before cutting for a perfect slice.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Fudge Brownies 1983
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 185.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g