Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe originally came from Five Roses Flour.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil up and over the sides, with the non stick side facing up.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and add in the instant coffee granules until dissolved. Stir in the sugar, now remove from heat, and beat well with wooden spoon, adding in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa baking powder salt and stir to mix, add in the pecans or walnuts if using.
- Spread batter into pan evenly and bake 25 minutes for fudgey brownie, or thirty minutes for cakey brownie.
- Remove and cool in pan. Remembering the cake still cooks slightly from the heat within.
- Combine the sugar, evporated milk, corn syrup butter and salt in a saucepan. Stirring all the time, bringing to a boil.
- When it comes to a full rolling boil, set timer for five minutes, and do not stir anymore.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Cool for a minute or two, and then beat with mixer for three to five minutes, until creamy and thick.
- Frost the brownies.
- If freezing these brownies, freeze before cutting for a perfect slice.