Recipe by Tisme
Sweet and very yummy, this takes a lot of stirring but the outcome is very nice indeed. Have included setting time for cooking time.
- 1 cup milk
- 900 g sugar
- 115 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 395 g condensed milk
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 17cm x 27cm slice pan.
- Bring the milk, sugar, butter, syrup and salt to boil and rapidly boil for 5 minutes, stirring the mixture constantly as the mixture will burn very easily.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the condensed milk still stirring continuously.
- Add the cream of tartar.
- Conitinue to boil still stirring for about 12 minutes or until a drop of the mixture turns into a ball in cold water.
- Add walnuts and remove from the heat.
- Add vanilla essence and beat the mixture with a wooden spoon for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the pan and allow to set.
- Cut into squares when cold.