From The Cake Mix Doctor, this looked yummy so I wanted to share it. Could probably be veganized / have the saturated fat content taken out with Earth Balance. I guess all light/dark brown sugar would also work if you don't have both types on hand? Coconut milk would probably also smooth it pretty well and give a nice coconut flan taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the butter and brown sugars in a heavy medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil, about 2 minutes.
- 2Add the milk, stir, and let the mixture return to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat.
- 3Add about 1 1/4 cups of the confectioners’ sugar and the vanilla. (I prefer to beat in 1/4 cup increments.) Beat with a strong wooden spoon or whisk until the frosting is smooth.
- 4Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, but not so much so that it thickens and hardens.
- 5Spoon a heaping tablespoon of frosting on top of each cupcake and spread it out with a short metal spatula or spoon, taking care to cover the top completely. The cupcakes are then ready to serve, this batch makes enough to frost about 22-24 cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Frosting / Icing for Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 5.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g