Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From The Cake Mix Doctor, this looked yummy so I wanted to share it. Could probably be veganized / have the saturated fat content taken out with Earth Balance. I guess all light/dark brown sugar would also work if you don't have both types on hand? Coconut milk would probably also smooth it pretty well and give a nice coconut flan taste!
- Place the butter and brown sugars in a heavy medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil, about 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, stir, and let the mixture return to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add about 1 1/4 cups of the confectioners’ sugar and the vanilla. (I prefer to beat in 1/4 cup increments.) Beat with a strong wooden spoon or whisk until the frosting is smooth.
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, but not so much so that it thickens and hardens.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of frosting on top of each cupcake and spread it out with a short metal spatula or spoon, taking care to cover the top completely. The cupcakes are then ready to serve, this batch makes enough to frost about 22-24 cupcakes.