- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, milk, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium and boil 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth and thick enough to spread on cupcakes.