1/1 Photo of Caramel Frosting for Angel Food Cake
This is my family's traditional angel food cake frosting. It is so very rich that it may be complete overkill on a sweeter, heavier cake. My grandmother made many a birthday cake using this recipe. In fact, the photograph that I have included is from my older brother's 2nd birthday in March 1961!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the brown sugar.
- 2Boil and stir for at least one minute.
- 3Take the saucepan off the heat and add the milk.
- 4With a hand mixer beat in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time until the spreading consistency is right for you.
- 5It should not be a very thick consistency for angel food cake, because it will harden as it cools.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Frosting for Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 75.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 0.2 g